Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yellowstone, Easter and the Pinewood Derby!

Alex participated in his second Pinewood Derby this year, he had so much fun designing and creating his car with his Dad, here is his car coming in second place, he is watching his car, it's a blur because it was so fast!!!
For Spring Break, we went to Yellowstone and spent four nights there just for the fun of it, and just for a change of scenery. The children were out for a full week and since it is still snowy and cold outside here, I couldn't imagine being here for that long. Even though Wyatt couldn't come, we still had fun. My sister even decided to come so the cousins could have fun together, we had an awesome girls week out!
We went to the Bear and Wolf Discovery Center
We swam twice every day we were there, one session we even swam 3 1/2 hours and I finally told the children we were getting out and they still didn't want to! I think they could be part fish, but at any rate we still had fun.
Twins! (cousins that is) these two are the best of friends. Did I mention we swam? And swam and swam some more!!!

Here are all the colorful, artistic egg creations of the children this year, we had a great time.




We had a happy snowy Easter. (In the last week we have gotten several feet of snow, it snowed more consecutively this week than it ever did all winter-crazy huh? I guess that's Spring at 65oo ft.)

1 comment:

Heidi P, That's me! said...

Sounds like a fun trip away! I'm glad the snow stays on your side of the state :) Have a happy spring anyway!