Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Full Month

One month has flown by and we have a lot to share. Each picture has its own story to tell:
As is with all years we started out St. Patrick's Day last night with the children setting up traps of all sorts they could imagine up to catch a lepurchan, I'm always quite amazed at the determination and zeal that they all have for doing this. Today we woke up and donned the green and while at school I whipped up more green creations to eat for a festive dinner with holiday style. All of our dinner was colored by "food" coloring: A green smoothie that gets the green from spinach and don't let the color fool you it really is yummy, despite looking like baby food peas. The Pryor tradition- green pistachio cake (okay this dessert has fake coloring but it comes from the pistachio pudding box, not much else I can do about that!) I put real pistachios in it this year, it was worth the shelling, Wyatt was in heaven. The last green item is pesto and obviously for you cooks the green in that comes from Basil. We put it over mashed potatoes that I was going to dye green with spinach but just ran out of time, there's always next year! We always have a fun St. Patty's Day :)
Abigail lost her first tooth! Finally, she has been waiting and waiting and waaaiiiitttiiinnnggg to lose one so she can get a sticker at school she is nearly the last one to lose one and many other of her classmates have already lost multiple. Can I hope that it's her excellent nutrition that keeps them in so long??? She's not even the youngest in the class. Can you see how happy she is?

Parker's birthday was really fun and hectic as we were getting ready to go to Denver the same time as celebrate. He chose a snake cake months ago and hasn't changed his mind so here is the slithering serpent. When asked what his cake was going to be he would say in his so very cute tiny voice, "I'm going to have a ssssnake cake!" (really emphasizing the 'k' sound on each end).
The last day of winter sports in school is the ski race so I went up and skied with Wyatt and the children. They are all doing so well, I am so proud of them. They have a lot of fun. I would love to get up there more. Brittany and Alex both placed third!This is Badger Creek where we will be going for next years family reunion. It has an old lodge and a tow rope (the best part) for the sledding hill. We went to check out how it all worked so we can let those of you in the Pryor family know details later. Parker and Savanna LOVED going down the hill.

Wyatt is on the United States Potato Board so this year he really wanted me to come to Denver CO with him (he did last year too but Savanna was due in 3 weeks) We had a great time. Thank you to Mom Penfold for supervising and chauffeuring the 3 older children and thank you to Melissa for babysitting the 2 babies. Wyatt was in meeting all day and so I would go during the day and walk around the city. This is the capitol building, it looks a lot like all the others I've been in (Idaho and Utah's) beautiful, I toured it and learned a little about the area. I also saw Margaret Brown's home (the unsinkable Molly Brown) it was amazing. I love Denver and wish we could go there next year but they are moving the meeting to Colorado Springs so I will get to discover a new city all over again! I also met a lot of very nice and interesting people at the meetings. We were taken out to dinner 2 of the 3 nights we were there to fancy places, I window shopped many really cool businesses and had my hair cut. This is just some of the things I did to fill my time. I couldn't justify sitting in the room watching satellite when an unexplored city awaited me!!!
I won "The Mystery of the Nile" DVD from Pasquale Scaturro and here we are with him. He was the guest speaker at one of the luncheons. With a name like that I guess you have to do amazing things, he was the guide for the first blind man (Brian something) to reach the summit of Mt. Everest and has done it multiple times, he has filmed several IMAX films and is an explorer. His stories were amazing and they let him go over the allotted time almost an hour because no one wanted to leave. It was lucky we got to be a part of this.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I keep forgetting to tell you how cute you looked up on the ski hill that day--a little snow bunny! Abigail is lucky, my kids are almost 8 before they lose teeth! Love the cake! What a fun trip! I need Chris to go to some meetings somewhere. Do they take daughters of an ex-potato farmer on the potato board?!

South Jordan Pryor's said...

Can't wait to see you this next week. Our Pistachio cake was yummy too. I feel like I've missed a whole year of your family's stuff. WE LOVE YOU!

Heidi P, That's me! said...

Thanks for the update! The reunion sounds like it will be at a fun place next year!