Thursday, September 16, 2010

A series of posts long overdue!

The First Day of School
Summer was extra short this year or so it seems. Thankfully everything we put on our special summer calendar the children and I make together and display in the stairway was accomplished and we had a great time but I was not ready to send them back. I guess knowing that the school system has them for 9 hours (2 of that is spent on the bus) and I only have them for 5 and one hour of that is in the morning getting ready for school so it doesn't seem to count; it's hard because they are my children and I don't even get to be around them the majority of the day! I like my family around me and I don't get that excited to send them away. I do however enjoy the time I get to spend with Parker and Savanna alone and getting projects done. But online schooling is ever on my mind!

Brittany is in Middle School this year in the 6th grade. Way too grown up for my liking but proud as ever since it's inevitable. She even wanted her hair done special!
Alex is as handsome as they come going into the 4th grade and the oldest at the Elementary school now that his big sister is gone. His diabetes bag is as much a part of him as the hair on his head.
Abigail is in the 2nd grade, can you tell she loves pink as much as I did at her age? I made this dress for her and 2 skirts also this year for school. I am loving having Savanna a little older so I can do fun things like this!

The following is a downpour of posts since I have neglected journaling these parts of our family for a while...oh did you know, this isn't for you who read it, it's a mini journal with photos for me that I share with you. Kind of handy since the majority of brothers and sisters and 1 set of parents don't live by us and the other set doesn't know what we do either so this works great! Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Melissa Turner said...

Cute, cute pictures. I loved reading about some of your summer activities

misty said...

Valerie,
I just found your blog and it's so nice to see you and your beautiful family.
Misty Bingham