Friday, January 22, 2010

I have some catching up to do. My last post before our trip was in October so I have several months to briefly highlight. I am going the most recent and then back in time.

Savanna's 1st Christmas! She wasn't into opening her presents but she loved the boxes. Here she had just woken up.
Brittany and Alex got new bikes this year. Alex's is a stunt bike-do you think he could pump all of them?
Toilet Trained!!! On December 4 Parker was put in big boy underpants and has been in them since. He has done really well. He's the typical boy not wanting to go until it's urgent but it's better than diapers anyday :)

Thanksgiving was at Penfold's, a beautiful display full of a wide variety of colorful, delicious food. We are sure grateful for our harvest this year-to be done and to have gotten all the potatoes in safely. Truly a THANKSgiving.
Alex had his first friend birthday party this year. We had a lot of fun, this was a good group.
Alex turned nine on November 19th and he LOVES lego's. This is the biggest one I've seen.
We canned Grandma Ward's soup. A family affair that was a lot of fun. We of course grew the potatoes, the carrots came from Randy's and our garden. The onions from our garden and from Mom. Practically free food! Did I mention yummy too?
Peel, peel, peel and then peel some more! Great compost for the garden ;)
Wyatt's 35th birthday. German Chocolate Cake, my first attempt. It was really good.
My man is really spoiled, two cakes? You bet! A coconut delight for all the help during harvest since that's when his real birthday always falls unless it is Sunday. He gets sung to in Spanish and lots of happy birthday well wishes. I don't know if we'll ever stop this tradition.
Halloween in Utah is the best. Brittany wanted to be a vampiress; Alex, a ghost Jedi; Abigail, a horse and Parker is a puppy. It is warm and all the neighbors I grew up around get to see my children, all my siblings come and all the cousins go trick-or-treating. It is so much fun, this is our second year going down there-it might become an annual tradition!
Savanna is the pumpkin. It's tradition for all the children to wear this their first Halloween. She was having a nap when we went trick-or-treating and when she woke up, she handed out candy with Grandma.
We went down to Orem to see Grandpa and Grandma Pryor. I've made it a tradition each time a new member joins our family to take a picture with each of the great grandparents still around so they will always have that. We are so blessed to still have 3 great grandmothers, and 2 great grandfathers around!

1 comment:

Heidi P, That's me! said...

Thanks for all the fun pictures! I enjoyed all the updates.